This is an EVE Online themed Blog. Most posts will be In-Character (IC), however there will be occasional Out-Of-Character (OOC) posts as well. Which type of post is always in the title of each post. The RP Posts follow Argos and Liana Gelert.

Some themes maybe Mature.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Poetry Contest

Hello All!

Recently, A Band Apart has been sharing EvE related Poetry on our Forums.  Strange, I know.  Awesome, absolutely!  I wrote one which is posted here, and have also done a few others which will, in due course, also be posted.  Well, that's not the point of this post.  What is it?  Well, the Title says it all!

After working on my last poem (which I'm still not happy with-I'm not perfectly happy with the one I already posted, so this one I want to get a bit better before it gets put on here), I thought 'Why isn't there an EvE Poetry Contest'?  Well, for all I know there IS.  I know there was a standard writing contest, after all.  However, since I'm not aware of it, assuming it even exists, I'm holding one of my own.  Why the hell not, right?

Initially I thought that I'd offer this just to A Band Apart.  However, there really isn't any reason not to open it up to all of New Eden.  I'm not very well known, however, so even though I intend to post this on Twitter as well, maybe we'll just get ABA members only anyway.

So anyhow, rules.

RULES (I hate rules):

1.  Write, in English, an EvE inspired Poem.  It can either be wholly original, or based off an existing poem.  If it's based off an existing poem, however, please copy the original, along with the author.

2.  Send it to argosgelert@gmail.com before March 27th, 2015 with your in-game Character name

That's it!   I'll read the submissions, and make a decision on Winner, Place and Show.  For you normal folks, that's 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Why do this?  EASY!  It'll take only as much or as little of your time as you'd like, and there are PRIZES PRIZES PRIZES!

1st Place - 1 PLEX

2nd Place - 250mill ISK + Pirate Cruiser of my choice

3rd Place - 100mill ISK + Pirate Frigate of my choice

Winners will be Announced on the Blog on March 31st, 2015 along with the text of all winning entries, and all Prizes will be Contracted either in Jita or Amarr, except ISK which of course will be put into the wallet of the Character name you submitted with your entry.

If you want to donate prizes, feel free to do so.  I'll add it to the prize-pool that I'm already paying out on a scaled pay progression.

Ok, that's it!  I've rambled on far too long, so GET WRITING AND SUBMITTING!  YES THAT MEANS YOU!!!

A.G.

3 comments:

  1. Can a Dust Bunny get in on the action, or is this an Egger exclusive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delay. I need to get better at looking at Comments now that I'm actually getting one or two! Yes, Dust Bunnies are able to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already sent. Looking forward to see all the entries. The player made fiction and writings are what lead me to Dust 514, and the EVE universe by extension. As a lore and RP nerd for any game, I was thrilled to see the richness that New Eden had to offer. I have now made it my home.

    ReplyDelete